Blackboard Collaborate Ultra for Instructors
What is Blackboard Collaborate™?
Blackboard Collaborate ia a learning solution that provides web conferencing and mobile collaboration that seamlessly integrates with Blackboard.
It helps instructors to create virtual classrooms, offices, and meeting spaces that reach more students. It also offers innovative approaches to peer-to-peer interaction and learning with a level of engagement that makes learners feel like they’re together in a traditional classroom.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra provides a single room for the course that stays open for the life of the course and where the name of the room is also the name of the course.
Faculty need to know that:
- Collaborate Ultra REQUIRES Faculty use the latest versions of Chrome Browser or Firefox to access ALL of the available features.
- For Chrome: Collaborate Ultra needs to have the “Block third-party cookies” setting turned off. For additional information go to Browser Support.
- You can add a link to Collaborate directly in your course menu. This is recommended for class sessions. If your are using Collaborate for one-on-one sessions, you can just provide the URL to the Collaborate room to the student.
- Collaborate is integrated into Blackboard for students to access easily with one single sign-in.
- Students can participate in a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session directly from mobile device (Apple, Android, or Windows) with the free Bb student app called Blackboard App. Within the app, students are able to fully interact during the session. For more see Blackboard App Quick Start Guide.